Creative Crafts Council 32nd Biennial
Chris Darway: Chris Darway is an artist, metalsmith, teacher and designer with over 38 years of experience in the field. He has taught jewelry design at the University of Delaware, The University of the Arts, Philadelphia, and Montclair State University in New Jersey and the Wayne Art Center, Wayne, PA.
Joe Dickey: Joe Dickey has been a professional and nationally recognized woodturner since 1984, with works in many private and public collections. He is a founding member of the Chesapeake Woodturners; past President of the Maryland Federation of Art; and he currently serves as Treasurer of the American Association of Woodturners.
Susan Main: Susan Main is the Curator and Director of Galleries and Exhibition Programming at VisArts in Rockville, MD and is an artist working in drawing, painting, and new media.
From over 400 works submitted, the jurors selected 150 for the exhibition and 31 to receive awards. Below are the 2019 Creative Craft Council Biennial awardees.
Applications available: Jan 4, 2019
Application Deadline: Feb 15, 2019
Notification to artists: Mar 15, 2019
Delivery of Artworks: May 28, 2-5pm
Pick-up of Unsold Work:
Thursday, August 1, 11am-1pm
Members of sponsoring guilds - $35
Non-members - $50
(For up to four submissions)
Eligibility and rules:
- All work must be for sale
- All artists living, working and/or attending college in Virginia, Maryland or DC or who are members of sponsoring guilds may apply
- Artists may submit as many as 4 pieces total; the media of the 4 pieces may vary
- All work must have been produced after January 1, 2015
- Artworks must not have been previously exhibited at a CCC exhibition
- Submission is to be accompanied by at least one image, but no more than two views of each entry
- The images should be a JPEG, maximum size five megabytes
- Upon submission, all images may be used for promotion or education purposes.
- All accepted entries must be completely ready for display, including any necessary hardware, wires and/or stands. The Strathmore Mansion uses a typical picture rail hanging system.
- The CCC and Strathmore Mansion reserve the right to refuse to present any work which, upon arrival, differs markedly from the image submitted or does not, for any reason, meet the standards of the exhibition.
- After acceptance, no substitutions are permitted.
- All accepted pieces will remain in Strathmore Arts Center for the duration of the show, even if sold.
Applications are closed.
If you are interested in learning about upcoming calls-for-entry. Join our mailing list at: http://eepurl.com/24TrP
View the Catalog online:
To purchase a catalog for $20, email firstname.lastname@example.org